Using the clips’ Legato control in a creative way can mark the difference between a good sequence and an amazing one. And it’s ridiculously easy!
- Switch on the Legato control in your clip and set the quantization to 1/16.
- Duplicate your clip several times in the same track and introduce some variations in each new copy: pitch adjustment, device automations in the Envelopes section, etc.
- Now you can launch your clips with Conductr. Each new clip will start at the same point where the previous one stopped, and your sequence will become more dynamic and surprising!
- Select your clips and adjust the Launch Section’s Follow Action Time at 0:0:2, for instance.
- Select “any” in the Follow Action A.
If you want to go one step further and get into generative music, you can use Ableton’s Launch Scenes. Try this:
DOWNLOAD HERE A SAMPLE ABLETON SET TO TEST.