First set-up on Windows
Conductr server software set-up for Windows:
- Go to conductr.net/downloads.
- Download the server software CONDUCTR WINDOWS SERVER on your computer.
- Double-click on “ConductrServer.exe”.
- Double-click on “Install Conductr Server”.
- The installation assistant will guide you step by step*.
- During the Traktor installation process, a Conductr folder will be installed in your “My Documents” folder. You can download different TSI folders according to the Traktor version(s) you may own.
*NOTE: During the installation process, the assistant will ask you if you want to automatically launch the Conductr Server each time you boot up your computer. If you do not want it to, remember that you will have to launch it manually every time you want to use Conductr.
Conductr set-up on Traktor for Windows:
- Launch your Traktor software and open up the preferences panel (on the menu bar: “Traktor” > “Preferences”).
- Select the “Import” tab on the bottom and select “My Documents”.
- Select the Conductr folder and clikc on “Conductr settings”.
- In the preferences panel, go to:
“Controller Manager > Device Setup > In-port” and select > Conductr Traktor
“Controller Manager > Device Setup > Out-port” and select > Conductr Traktor … and close.
Connecting your iPad to your Windows:
In order to use Conductr, you must connect your iPad and your computer to the same Wi-Fi network.
Conductr works with a regular Wi-Fi network and even with an Internet cable connection.*
For a more stable connection, we recommend you create an Ad Hoc connection (see below) between your computer and your iPad. In order to do that, you must create a network with your computer and then connect the iPad to it.
*NOTE: If you are using a domestic Wi-Fi network, you will probably have to disconnect the preset firewall provided by most telecom companies.
How to set up an AdHoc network for Windows Vista/Windows 7:
- Go to the “Network & Sharing center”.
- Click on “Set up a new connection or network”.
- Select “Set up a wireless Ad Hoc (computer-to-computer) network”. Click on “Next”.
- Name your network and introduce a 5-digit password.
- Select “WEP” as “Security Type”.
- Enable the “Save this network” checkbox and click on “Next”.
- Select your new network on your iPad (“Adjustments” > “Wi-Fi”).
- Once Traktor is running with Conductr as the selected controller and the server is enabled, you can run Conductr on your iPad.*
*NOTE: You will probably have to disconnect the preset firewall provided by most telecom companies.
How to set up an AdHoc network for Windows 8:
Microsoft has removed the option to create an AdHoc network straight from the Control Panel.
We have developed a specific script to help all Windows 8 users to set up an Ad Hoc network automatically*.
This script will create a network called “Conductr” with the password: Conductr01
Once Traktor is running with Conductr as the selected controller and the server is enabled, you can run Conductr on your iPad.
*NOTE: If you know about programming, you can edit the script with a text editor in order to change the network set-up